SSCCA’s goals are based on the principle of outreach as described by our Savior in Acts 1:8: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you: and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
The goals of SSCCA are to assist Christian parents in fulfilling their responsibility of training their children in accordance with Deuteronomy 6:4-12 and Ephesians 6:4, and to educate unchurched children in the community that they and their families might come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
Born out of these goals are the objectives SSCCA seeks to put into practice:
- Students will examine all truth learned through the lens of faith in God who has revealed Himself in the Holy Scriptures.
- Students will integrate subjects helping create a synthesis of knowledge which points to the Author of all truth.
- Students will be trained in the basic doctrines of the Historic Christian faith as they are articulated in the Apostle’s and Nicene Creeds. A minor emphasis will be placed on the doctrines of the Reformed Episcopal Church as found in the Thirty Nine Articles of Religion.
- Students in the Grammar Stage will receive a foundation for future education which will emphasize the subjects of Mathematics, Reading and the English language.
- Students in the Logic Stage will be trained in proper research and introduced to formal and informal logic as they continue to build upon foundational subjects. An increase emphasis on the Sciences and History will be made.
- Students in the Rhetoric Stage will develop personal skills that will enable them to articulate and defend truth. Proper speech, writing techniques and etiquette will be placed upon the foundational subjects already described.